Install a meipi
See updated instructions in http://code.google.com/p/meipi/wiki/Install
The following instructions will guide you through the installation of a┬ámeipi in your own server.
Note: If you just want to create a meipi online in meipi.org, go to┬áhttp://meipi.org/meipimatic.php
Note: The current instructions are intended for a Linux installation.
- Install a web server.
- Install php and php-mysql packages (php5-mysql, php-apache2, libapache-mod-php5).
- Install imagemagick and php-gd (imagemagick, php5-gd). Your hosting web server might have them already available.
- Create a database. Keep the configuration details handy: you need them soon.
- Download the latest available version of the┬áMeipi code.
- ?Upload the files of the downloaded folder /meipi to your server?
- Execute rc/install.sql in the database in order to create the necessary tables. Note: At the end of the file you can find the categories to create. You can update category names and descriptions.
- Copy configuration files from meipi/config/ and remove “.default” from their name:
- dbConfig.php.default to dbConfig.php
- meipiConfig.php.default to meipiConfig.php
- Update file meipi/config/dbConfig.php with your database details:
- $usr = Database user
- $pass = Database password
- $server = Database server
- $db = Database name
- Update meipi/config/meipiConfig.php. Check the comments for more configuration options, but make sure you update the following mandatory parameters at least:
- mainUrl = Change it to your own URL.
- baseFolder = Path of the files in the web servers filesystem. Must end in ‘/’ (to obtain this path you can upload a file .php with the content <? phpinfo(); ?> in the folder where the meipi is installed).
- commonFiles = change it to the folder where you have uploaded the content of /meipi┬┐
- google_maps_keys = Google Maps API keys. It is not needed for testing meipi in localhost but it is required to┬áget one Google Maps API keyfor each domain used.
- reCaptchaPublicKey and reCaptchaPrivateKey = ReCAPTCHA pair of keys. There is already a pair selected, but it is strongly recommended to register your domain for a new pair of keys in┬árecaptcha.net, as otherwise the service will probably fail soon.
- Give read and write permissions to the user running the web server to all folders under meipi/images/ and all folders under meipi/profile/images/
Some basic checks to ensure that your┬ámeipi is running properly:
- Check the meipi/meipi.php file using a web server. If images and css files are not loading, check $commonFiles variable
- Register a user and log in
- Create a new entry with an image
- If entry is saved and entry images are displayed -> Ok!
- If entry is saved but images are not displayed
- Check write permissions for web server user in images files
- Check imagemagick installation (when you install it in a web server as Godaddy you might have to change “convert” to “/usr/local/bin/convert” in the file “functions/meipi.php”).
- Go to map page. If label is not displayed -> Check gd installation
- Check if the icons of map, mosaic, list and chanel are displayed. If not, correct the url in style/meipi.css
- Add admin and editor users to meipi_permission table. Check your id_user in “My profile” page or in database. Values for type in meipi_permission table are 1 for Admin and 2 for Editor